Sony had promised that Ratchet & Clank would be released soon after the launch of the PS5. We will still have to be a little patient, but it is now official. The lombax will return in its first new adventure on next-gen in June! It will be a PlayStation 5 exclusive that will harness the full power of the new machine.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart on June 11, 2021
Announced in June 2020 during “The Future of Gaming” event to unveil the PS5 and its first games, Ratchet & Clank caused a sensation. Terribly beautiful, with a zest of ray tracing, ultra fluid thanks to the power of the SSD, the game immediately won over gamers and fans. Expected for the launch period of the PS5, the game will finally arrive on June 11, 2021 exclusively on the new console from Sony.
This new opus will offer you to move from one dimension to another with Ratchet and Clank in order to help them fight an evil emperor coming from a parallel reality. You will be able to discover worlds with breathtaking graphics where action and speed are the key words, as well as an incredible arsenal in these new intergalactic adventures.
Ratchet in June, and the other PS5 games?
The year 2021 should be a pretty crazy year for the PS5. Looking at the announcements from last year, here’s what to expect in terms of console exclusives for the new PlayStation machine in its first year of life.
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales (November 2020) – first-party
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure (November 2020) – first-party
- Deamon’s Souls (November 2020) – first-party
- Astrobot Playroom (November 2020) – first-party
- Destruction AllStars (February 2021)
- Nioh Collection (February 2021) – first-party
- Returnal (April 2021)
- Deathloop (May 2021)
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (Jun 2021) – first-party
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits (Q1 2021)
- Gran Turismo 7 (Q2 2021) – first-party
- Ghostwire Tokyo (October 2021)
- Stray (October 2021)
- Horizon Forbidden West (2021) – first-party
- God of War Ragnarök (2021) – first-party
On this long list of games, there are five “First-Party” titles for 2021 which will be total exclusives on PlayStation. Ratchet & Clank was scheduled for the first quarter of 2021, while Gran Turismo 7 was set for the first half, Horizon and God of War for 2021 without further details.
With the late arrival of Ratchet & Clank in June and the silence around Gran Turismo, God of War and Horizon, one can already imagine that the three games will not arrive this year. Even if the latter are ready, there is a good chance that Sony will delay the releases in order to give more time to the developers and wait for the shortage of PS5 to end.